What is Airbike?
What is bike sharing?
Airbike is a dockless bike sharing platform that is designed to make inner-city transport fast, convenient and eco-friendly. Airbike uses patented technology, developed in Australia that combines with the Airbike smartphone app to bring you greater access and convenience to a bike when you need it the most.
What is Airbike's vision?
How to use Airbike
How do I unlock the bike?
Push bike: Open the Airbike app and press on the Unlock button. When the QR code scanner appears, scan the QR code on the bike lock. You should hear the lock unlock.
* Please note: If you are not able to scan the QR Code, you can manually enter the bike number if it is range of you.
E-bike: To start an E-Bike, open the Airbike app, select the unlock button and scan the QR code. You will hear a voice saying “Start Success”. If you hear this, jump on and start riding.
If there are any issues, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I lock the bike?
Push bike: To end your trip you need to manually slide the lock located at the rear of the bike through the wheels and into the locked position by pushing down on the Red Button. You should hear two beeps upon successfully locking the bike. If you did not hear any beeps, make sure the metal rod is not rubbing on a spoke or a reflector, then push the red button in again. If you are unsure if the trip has successfully ended, you can contact support for help.
E-bike: Open the app, the trip/s which are in progress should display on the front page. Select the “End Trip” Button to turn off the bike and end your trip. If the trip ends successfully, you will hear “Lock Success”. If it does not and you are still not sure please contact email@example.com
Do I need a helmet while riding?
Yes, it is the law in Australia to wear a helmet when riding a bike on any government-controlled road. Due to the current Covid situation, we have removed helmets from our push bikes and we highly recommend that you bring your own helmet for your health and safety reasons.
Do I need to bring my own helmet?
This is up to you.
For our pushbikes, it is better to bring your own and you may find that our helmets go missing.
With our E-Bikes, they will come supplied with a helmet. You can either choose to wear the one we have provided or choose to bring your own.
What happens after I lock my bike?
- If you don’t hear 2 beeps when locking the bike, push down again on the lock’s red handle and make sure the slider has latched correctly. Sometimes the lock may not catch correctly but may remain in the locked position. If this occurs push firmly down again on the red button to ensure the lock latches and the lock beeps.
- If you app still shows you in a trip and you have locked the lock, close the app, swipe the app away and re-open it again.
If you have done the above and the app still shows you are in a trip, it could be a fault with the lock. You can report the bike’s problem through the feedback section of the app or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the bike number and one of the team will assist further.
I'm unable to unlock the bike
If you are having issues unlocking the lock please do the following
- Make sure you have either 3G/4G enabled or you are connected to a WiFi network which has an internet connection and ensure location services are on.
If you scan the lock and hear a beep, but the lock remains stuck:
- Push the lock handle towards the lock position again (You may hear a beeping sound) then
- Re-scan the QR Code again and apply a gentle upward pressure on the lock handle to assist the lock in opening.
If the lock still does not unlock, wait for 1 minute and try re-scanning the QR code again.
Please note: If the bike is not displaying on the map in the app, the lock may be faulty. You can assist the operations team by sending feedback through the app regarding the bike issue or send an email to email@example.com and one of the team will collect the bike for maintenance.
Can I ride with multiple people using the same account?
Yes, you can find our Group ride feature in our app. It allows you to ride up to 5 bikes using the same account.
I've locked my bike but the trip hasn't ended
If you do not receive a trip summary within 2 minutes, please follow the steps below:
- Please check that you have enabled notifications for your Airbike app in your phone’s settings.
- After locking the bike and hearing the 3-beep sounds, you can try relaunching the Airbike app on your phone.
- If you didn’t hear the 3-beep sounds when locking the bike, you can try to wiggle the lock’s red handle to make sure that it’s locked properly. After that, relaunch the Airbike app.
If you have tried the above, and still having issues, please Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send feedback through the app. We will review your trip and will provide next steps as required.
Registration & Account
How do I create an account?
Download the Airbike app from Google Play or iOS App Store. Open the app and sign up through our form or sign in using Gmail or Facebook.
Didn’t receive the verification email
If you have not received the verification email with 3 minutes, please check your spam folder. Verification email will come from either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Terrapages is the owner of Airbike). If you still cannot find it contact us and we will help you validate your account
I can't log in after creating account
Make sure you have correctly entered your username/email and password. All details are case-sensitive
Ensure that you have verified your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address when you first registered your account.
* Please note: If you signed in originally with either Google or Facebook and wish to continue to sign in using these feature, please ensure you select the correct sign in button. If you did not create an account and enter your Google or Facebook login details into the sign in fields, you will receive an error to sign in with the correct login function.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact us.
How much does it cost to use Airbike ?
Airbike offers two types of bikes: E-Bikes and Push Bikes. Our fares are charged on a per minute basis.
- Unlock Fee: $1.00
- Price Per Minute: .55c
- Unlock Fee: $1.00
- Per 10 Minute Block: .60c
Your ride time will start after you unlock your bike. The timer will reset once the bike has been locked. Airbike fees are based on the duration of use.
*Please note: When using our Push Bike’s you will need to top up your wallet. If you exhaust your wallet while still riding, your trip will be calculated thereafter at .60c per 10 Minute block and you Credit/Debit Card will be charged the difference once your trip has ended.
How do I top up my wallet?
To top-up your wallet:
- Enter My Account
- My Wallet
Can I ride with multiple people using the same account?
Yes, you can find our Group ride feature in our phone application menu. It allows you to activate up to 5 bikes using the same account.
How to use the Group ride feature?
Tap on the “Unlock” button and scan the QR code of each bike you wish to ride, or manually enter the bike number to unlock the first bike. It will then take you to the map screen where it shows the trip of that bike. For any additional bikes, tap on the “Unlock” button at the bottom of the map screen and repeat the same step above. You can unlock any mix of Electric and pedal bikes within your limit of 5 bikes.
You can keep track of the bikes by going to the Menu at the top left, then select Group Ride.
To end the trip, manually slide the lock through the wheels and into the locked position. You should hear two beeps upon successfully locking the bike. Before ending the trip, make sure that you park all vehicles safely at your nearest designated parking zone. Please refer to our Best Parking Practices for more details.
How many vehicles can I unlock with one Airbike account?
One Airbike account can activate a maximum of 5 bikes during a Group ride.
How do I end a single trip during a Group ride?
Manually lock the chosen bike when you want to end the trip by sliding the lock through the wheel and into the locked position. The lock is located at the back wheel of the bike. The other riders can continue on their trip.
Can I use my Pass for a Group Ride?
Yes, you can use your Pass; however, it only applies to the first bike in the group, any additional bikes will be charged at our regular rate.
How much do I get charged for Group Rides?
Each bike will be charged the same as the singular trip, $1.50 for unlock fee and plus $60 cents for every 10 minutes thereafter.
What is a coupon?
A coupon provides you a free trip that is automatically used when the bike trip finishes.
How do I get a coupon?
You can find occasional coupon codes on our social media pages. A coupon can also be obtained by inviting new users to the Airbike app. This can be done by sending them a referral link through the Airbike app. For every user that signs up with your referral link, you earn a free coupon to use on your next trip.
How do activate my coupon?
Once you have your code go the Airbike app and log into your account. Click on menu, then Coupon and hit the green button (located in the bottom right corner) and enter your code. This coupon will be automatically used on your next ride and you won’t be charged for your trip.
What are the requirements to ride an Airbike?
- Safety check your vehicle before the ride, this includes the seat being at the right height and locked securely, check the breaks are working and lights are working for night rides.
- Remember to wear helmets when riding
- Always follow the road rules
How old do you have to be to ride an Airbike?
To ride a bike, you must be 16 and above; or children under the age of 16 need to be under supervision of an adult.
Where can I ride?
You can ride on our designated areas which are shown on the map screen (the light area) after you log in to the app.
What should I do in case of an emergency?
In the event of emergency, if you require medical attention, please call “000” immediately to seek help from your local emergency services before contacting us. Once you are safe, please call us on +61 2 9009 5022 for further assistance.
Best Parking Practices
Airbike Area of Operations
Airbike works with the relative transport authorities in each city we operate in to provide services in that area. We encourage you to park inside the operational zone, which can be seen in the Airbike app or in the map below. Whilst you are able to ride Airbike outside of the operational zone, you are encouraged to bring the bike back inside it to ensure that there are enough bikes for other users to ride and to avoid fines.
Where should I park after I’m done?
When you finish your ride, find your nearest designated parking zone via the app. If you must park somewhere else, use common sense. Park in an area where it is safe to do so, and will not cause any disturbances or inconveniences for the public. Also, ask yourself “is it in the way or can the next person use it?”. Consider people with mobility or vision impairments so not to cause any unnecessary inconveniences.
Here are some tips to be a responsible bike share user:
- Don’t park within a public road, driveway, public/shared path, traffic islands, median strip, and car parking bays (including loading zones, disabled zones etc.).
- Don’t park across visually impaired pedestrian tactile marks
- Do park at least 10m back from the hold-line at any road intersection, roundabout, traffic island or median strip, and pedestrian crossings.
- Park 5m away from a bus stop shelter, marker post, steps, ramps, public toilets, building access points etc.
- Do park within a designated area when parking at the Civic bus interchange
- Do park 1.5m away from any building line/wall that is within a public place
- Do park 1.5m away from the road kerb unless it within a designated parking bay
- If parking in a public thoroughfare, do make sure there is 2m clearance so people can move through the space
- Do always observe street signs and line markings
Help! I cannot locate a bike!
You can use the Airbike app to locate the nearest available bike through the map view. Look at your surroundings and across the streets as the bike location in the app may be affected by the surrounding environment.
Report poor parking practices
If you see a poorly parked Airbike, please contact us. Please do remember to include the bike number in your message.
How do I report a faulty bike?
Report it in the feedback section by scanning the bike’s QR code and selecting the bike’s fault.