What is Airbike?
What is bike sharing?
Airbike is a dockless bike sharing platform that is designed to make inner-city transport fast, convenient and eco-friendly. Airbike uses patented technology, developed in Australia that combines with the Airbike smartphone app to bring you greater access and convenience to a bike when you need it the most.
What is Airbike's vision?
How to use Airbike
How do I unlock the bike?
Open the Airbike app and press on the Unlock button. When the QR code scanner appears, scan the QR code on the bike lock. You should hear the lock unlock. If there are any issues, please contact us email@example.com
How do I lock the bike?
Manually slide the lock through the wheels and into the locked position. You should hear two beeps upon successfully locking the bike. If you did not hear any beeps and are unsure if it is locked, please contact us.
Where do I place the helmet?
Lock your helmet to the bike by sliding the lock through the helmet straps.
What happens after I lock my bike and helmet?
- If you don’t hear 2 beeps when locking the bike, push down again on the lock’s red handle and make sure the slider has latched correctly. Sometimes the lock may not catch correctly but may remain in the locked position. If this occurs push firmly down again on the red button to ensure the lock latches and the lock beeps.
- If you app still shows you in a trip and you have locked the lock, close the app, swipe the app away and re-open it again.
If you have done the above and the app still shows you are in a trip, it could be a fault with the lock. You can report the bike’s problem through the feedback section of the app or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including the bike number and one of the team will assist further.
I'm unable to unlock the bike
If you are having issues unlocking the lock please do the following
- Make sure you have either 3G/4G enabled or you are connected to a WiFi network which has an internet connection and ensure location services are on.
If you scan the lock and hear a beep, but the lock remains stuck:
- Push the lock handle towards the lock position again (You may hear a beeping sound) then
- Re-scan the QR Code again and apply a gentle upward pressure on the lock handle to assist the lock in opening.
If the lock still does not unlock, wait for 1 minute and try re-scanning the QR code again.
Please note: If the bike is not displaying on the map in the app, the lock may be faulty. You can assist the operations team by sending feedback through the app regarding the bike issue or send an email to email@example.com and one of the team will collect the bike for maintenance.
Can I ride with multiple people using the same account?
No, Airbike limits the number of bike one account can unlock at anyone time to 1. If you have a group of people, each user will need their own account to use the service.
I've locked my bike but the trip hasn't ended
If you do not receive a trip summary within 2 minutes, please follow the steps below:
- Please check that you have enabled notifications for your Airbike app in your phone’s settings.
- After locking the bike and hearing the 3-beep sounds, you can try relaunching the Airbike app on your phone.
- If you didn’t hear the 3-beep sounds when locking the bike, you can try to wiggle the lock’s red handle to make sure that it’s locked properly. After that, relaunch the Airbike app.
If you have tried the above, and still having issues, please Email firstname.lastname@example.org or send feedback through the app. We will review your trip and will provide next steps as required.
Registration & Account
How do I create an account?
Download the Airbike app from Google Play or iOS App Store. Open the app and sign up through our form or sign in using Gmail or Facebook.
Didn’t receive the verification email
If you have not received the verification email with 3 minutes, please check your spam folder. Verification email will come from either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. (Terrapages is the owner of Airbike). If you still cannot find it contact us and we will help you validate your account
I can't log in after creating account
Make sure you have correctly entered your username/email and password. All details are case-sensitive
Ensure that you have verified your account by clicking on the link sent to your email address when you first registered your account.
Please note: If you signed in originally with either Google or Facebook and wish to continue to sign in using these feature, please ensure you select the correct sign in button. If you did not create an account and enter your Google or Facebook login details into the sign in fields, you will receive an error to sign in with the correct login function.
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact us.
How much does it cost to use Airbike ?
Each trip has a $1.50 unlock fee and then it is just 60 cents for every ten minutes there after. Your ride time will start after you unlock your bike. The timer will reset once the bike has been locked. Airbike fees are based on the duration you use the bike.
How do I top up my wallet?
To top-up your wallet:
- Enter My Account
- My Wallet
What is a coupon?
A coupon provides you a free trip that is automatically used when the bike trip finishes.
How do I get a coupon?
You can find occasional coupon codes on our social media pages. A coupon can also be obtained by inviting new users to the Airbike app. This can be done by sending them a referral link through the Airbike app. For every user that signs up with your referral link, you earn a free coupon to use on your next trip.
How do activate my coupon?
Once you have your code go the Airbike app and log into your account. Click on menu, then Coupon and hit the green button (located in the bottom right corner) and enter your code. This coupon will be automatically used on your next ride and you won’t be charged for your trip.
Best Parking Practices
Airbike Area of Operations
Airbike works with the relative transport authorities in each city we operate in to provide services in that area. We encourage you to park inside the operational zone, which can be seen in the Airbike app or in the map below. Whilst you are able to ride Airbike outside of the operational zone, you are encouraged to bring the bike back inside it to ensure that there are enough bikes for other users to ride and to avoid fines.
Where should I park after I’m done?
When you finish your ride, find your nearest designated parking zone via the app. If you must park somewhere else, use common sense. Park in an area where it is safe to do so, and will not cause any disturbances or inconveniences for the public. Also, ask yourself “is it in the way or can the next person use it?”. Consider people with mobility or vision impairments so not to cause any unnecessary inconveniences.
Here are some tips to be a responsible bike share user:
- Don’t park within a public road, driveway, public/shared path, traffic islands, median strip, and car parking bays (including loading zones, disabled zones etc.).
- Don’t park across visually impaired pedestrian tactile marks
- Do park at least 10m back from the hold-line at any road intersection, roundabout, traffic island or median strip, and pedestrian crossings.
- Park 5m away from a bus stop shelter, marker post, steps, ramps, public toilets, building access points etc.
- Do park within a designated area when parking at the Civic bus interchange
- Do park 1.5m away from any building line/wall that is within a public place
- Do park 1.5m away from the road kerb unless it within a designated parking bay
- If parking in a public thoroughfare, do make sure there is 2m clearance so people can move through the space
- Do always observe street signs and line markings
Help! I cannot locate a bike!
You can use the Airbike app to locate the nearest available bike through the map view. Look at your surroundings and across the streets as the bike location in the app may be affected by the surrounding environment.
Report poor parking practices
If you see a poorly parked Airbike, please contact us. Please do remember to include the bike number in your message.
How do I report a faulty bike?
Report it in the feedback section by scanning the bike’s QR code and selecting the bike’s fault.