What is Airbike?
What is bike sharing?
What is Airbike's vision?
Australia is a vast country. Even our cities are challenging to get around without private transport. We want to become a revolution in the way Australians move. In the cities we operate, starting with Sydney, we want to provide environmentally sustainable, convenient and affordable public transportation through bicycle sharing. From where you are to where you want to go, Airbike has the wheels to RE-IMAGINE the way you move. Our dockless system means that you have the freedom to explore, create and share even more moments and memories. Now that’s a fresh breath of fresh air for you and our earth.
Registration & Account
I'm unable to unlock the bike:
- If you are having connectivity problems or the lock isn’t unlocking, ensure that your 3G or WiFi is on.
- If you hear a beep but the lock is stuck, you may be required to give the lock a wiggle.
- If the lock still doesn’t unlock try rescanning with the app. Ensure that the bicycle is displayed on the map for the app otherwise it might be defective.
My trip does not end after I lock my bike?
If you do not receive a trip summary within 2 minutes, please follow the steps below:
- Please check that you have enabled notifications for your Airbike app in your phone’s settings.
- After locking the bike and hearing the 3-beep sounds, you can try relaunching the Airbike app on your phone.
- If you didn’t hear the 3-beep sounds when locking the bike, you can try to wiggle the lock’s red handle to make sure that it’s locked properly. After that, relaunch the Airbike app.
- If you have tried all of the above, and are still having issues, please contact us.
How do I top up my wallet?
To top- your wallet:
- Enter My Account
- My Wallet
How much does it cost to use Airbike?
Best Parking Practices
Where should I park after I'm done?
Airbike encourages you to park in a public area, where it is safe to do so, and will not cause any disturbances or inconveniences for the public. We are working hard to ensure that as an Airbike user, you can find an available bike around your location at any time. We are constantly repositioning our fleet to high demand areas so that you can have a seamless and comfortable riding experience. To provide all Airbike Users with a positive riding experience, we seek your assistance and understanding to park your bike in locations with high visibility.
Here are some best parking practices:
- Public Bicycle Racks at Train/ bus stations
- Public Bicycle Racks
- Near Public Bicycle Racks
Here are some poor parking examples:
- Inside a building or in an underground parking space
- In a location which obstructs traffic
- In a place where the environment can be negatively impacted.
Help! I cannot locate a bike!
You can use the Airbike app to locate the nearest available bike through the map view. Look at your surroundings and across the streets as the bike location in the app may be affected by the surrounding environment.
Airbike Area of Operations
Airbike Users are able to ride to and from the University of Sydney.
What happens after I lock my bike and helmet?
Your trip ends immediately once you have manually locked your bike and your bike and helmet. You will then receive a trip summary in the Airbike app. If you haven’t received a trip summary within 2 minutes, follow the steps below:
- Please check that you have enabled notifications for your Airbike in your phone’s settings.
- After locking the bike and hearing the 2 beep sounds, relaunch the Airbike App on your phone.
- If you didn’t hear the 2 beep sounds when locking the bike, you can try to wiggle the lock’s red handle to make sure that it’s locked properly. After that, relaunch the Airbike app.
- If you have tried all these methods but the app still hasn’t responded, you can report the bike’s problem through the feedback section of our app.
- If you tried all the above and haven’t received a trip summary, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org on on facebook www.facebook.com/airbikeaus for further assistance.
Report poor parking practices
If you see a poorly parked Airbike, please contact us.
How do I report a faulty bike?
Found a faulty Airbike with a broken pedal, missing bell or the bike wont move? Report it in the feedback section by scanning the bike’s QR code and selecting the bike’s fault.